• NEWS, MEETINGS & INTERVIEWS
First Name: Seyyed Abbas
Date and Place of Birth: 1960, Tehran
Marital Status: Married with three children
Ph.D.in Political Sciences (inclination to politics and state) Kent University , England 1996
English (fluent) Arabic (good)
-2018 (January) Deputy for Political Affairs
-2013(September)-2018(January) Deputy Foreign Minister for Legal and International Affairs
-2011-2013(September) Deputy Minister for Asia-Pacific and the Common Wealth (Central Asian) Affairs
-2007- 2011,(November) Ambassador of I.R. Iran, Tokyo Japan
- 2005-2007, Deputy Foreign Minister for International and Legal Affairs
-2004-2005, Director of the School of International Relations
- 2003-2004, Director of the First Department of Western Europe
1999-2003, Ambassador of I. R. Iran to Helsinki& accredited Ambassador to Estonia
-1998-1999, Director General, Institute for International and Political Studies
- 1998- (up to Feb. 1999) Deputy Director General for Research , Institute for International and Political Studies
- 1997 -1998 Director of the Center for Persian Gulf Studies , IPIS
- 1992- Inaguration and the Head of the Mission of the Islamic Republic Iran to OIC Jeddah
-1991-1993 Deputy Director. Department of Islamic and Regional Organizations, Non-aligned Movement -NAM
- 1989-1991, Desk Officer, International Division Foreign Ministry
- 2005- Winner of the First Degree for the best research done in the Foreign Ministry by Ministry of Science , Research and Technology
- 2005 (June) Member of Faculty in the School of International Relations
- Guest Lecturer in the Executive Management Program, Tokyo University
- 2005-2007 Member of the Council of Foreign Policy Strategy MFA
- 1999 - Member of the Commission for Social Sciences , Council for Scientific Research
- 1998-2000 Editor in Chief of Foreign Policy Quarterly
- 2000(continued) member of Foreign Policy Quarterly editorial board
- 2006-2007 Member the editorial board Diplomatic Supplement, Hamshahri Persian Daily
- 1996(continued) Lecturer in the School of International Relations (in Persian and English)
- 2004( continued) giving lectures at different short term training courses for instance promotion courses for diplomats
- 1996(continued) Member of different scientific councils in the Research Division of Foreign Ministry
- 1996(continued) Participation in different scientific panels and seminars either at home 0r abroad.
- 1996(continued) Delivering speech in different universities and scientific centers at home and abroad
- Writing more than 20 articles for creditable scientific magazines at home 0r abroad
List of the published articles (English)
- Islamic Movements, Fundamentalism 0r Radicalism?, Kent Papers, UK, 1995.
- Islamic Theo-Democracy, Iranian Journal of International Affairs, Tehran, 1997.
- Use and Misuse of the Internet, Iranian Journal of International Affairs, Tehran, 1998.
- Japan Ties Mutual Respect, Model for Global Relations, the Japan Times, Tokyo, February 10, 2009.
- Iran Upholding Foreign Policy Based on Justice, Morality, Dignity, Mutual Respect, Daily Yomiuri, February 10, 2009
- Iran Determined to Extend Friendly Relations, the Japan Times, Tokyo, February 10, 2010.
- Iran Grows Stronger Despite Pressures, Challenges, Daily Yomiuri, February 10, 2010
- Peace, justice must be rights of all nations, the Japan Times, Tokyo, February 10, 2011.
- Mutual respect touchstone of global relations, Daily Yomiuri, February 10, 2011
List of the published articles (Persian)
- Islamic Resurgent Movement in 20th Century, Foreign Policy Quarterly , Tehran spring 1996
- Islamic Conference Organization: a Disappointing Future! Foreign Policy Quarterly , Tehran Autumn 1997
- Internet, a new precinct in cultural interactions , Foreign Policy Quarterly , Tehran summer 1998
- Women & Global Politics , Persian translation of an article written by Francis Fukuyama, Foreign Policy Quarterly , Tehran Autumn 1998
- Political Thoughts of Sayyid Abul Ala Maududi, Middle East Studies Quarterly , Tehran ,1999
- Islamic Tahrir Party , Islamic World Encyclopedia , Volume VII ,2002
- Collection of the articles of the 8th International Conference on Persian Gulf, IPIS 1997
- European New Security Strategy and the Islamic Republic of Iran, Foreign Policy of Iran, collection of the articles , Center for High International Studies, Faculty of Law and Political Science Tehran University, 2005
- The Changes and the Threats of the New International Order , Iran Economy Monthly, 7th year. No. 74 March 2005
- Multifaceted Preparedness, Diplomatic Supplement of Hamshari (citizenship) Persian Daily, 1st year August 2006.
- Combat against Terrorism, Diplomatic Supplement of Hamshari (citizenship) Persian Daily, 1st year No. 6 September 2006.
- The Powers Game,Diplomatic Supplement of Hamshari (citizenship) Persian Daily, 1st year No. 7, October 2006.
- Miscalculation , Diplomatic Supplement of Hamshari (citizenship) Persian Daily, 1st year No. 10 January 2007.
- Security Council Detour, Diplomatic Supplement of Hamshari (citizenship) Persian Daily, 2ndYear No. 13, May 2007.
- Action Versus Action, Diplomatic Supplement of Hamshari (citizenship) Persian Daily, 1st year No. 16August 2007.
- Management, Education ,Technology; Japan experiences in optimizing energy consumption, R&D Magazine 2010
- Asian Look at Contemporary Iran- Japan Relations, History of Foreign Relations (Magazine), summer 2010.